Free School Meals

What do I need to qualify?

To be eligible for help you need to be in one of the following categories:

Receive Income Support(IS) or Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA).
Receive Income Related Employment Allowance (IREA).
Have an entitlement to Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit (WTC) and the family's annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) is not more than £16,190 for tax year 2011/2012(this figure changes on an annual basis).
Receive support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit.

 How do I apply for free school meals?
You can apply either by:

completing the online form (Go to go to Schools,Grants and Funding, Free School Meals.

Over the telephone 0845 600 6400
Completing a paper application form which is available from  school or FSM Office Northumberland County Council  County Hall  Morpeth  NE61 2EF
Paper forms can be returned to school or The FSM office.  Benefit details for applications can be checked by us on receipt of the information although on some occasions the confirmation may not be found and you will be contacted with a request to provide your proof of benefit.